Monday, March 28, 2011

Initial Centex Thoughts

Well, I feel that my last post sums up the weekend perfectly. Yes, the #1 seed in the tournament ended up winning everything (UCSB) but other than that all I can say is WOW!

I am not going to do my recap of our games just yet, but I wanted to put some stats out there that just blew my mind.

-Tufts came out of nowhere to take third place. Unbelievable showing from them.
-Oregon, who apparently was missing many people, ended up getting 8th - something that has not been seen in a while
-UNC and UCLA were knocked out the championship bracket on Saturday by Tufts and UPenn respectively
-In pools C and D the third seed went undefeated to easily take the pool (Washington and Michigan)
-UNCW beat UCSB 15-11 on the first day but then UCSB went on to beat them in the finals 15-7
-USC, after tying for 5th at Natties last year, went on to win the D3 championship
-We only lost one game this weekend and it was by only one point to take 5th (and outscored our opponents 89-58 on the way there)

The full recap will come later when I have recovered from physically tough weekend and the great Austin bar scene

No comments:

Post a Comment